High Density Polyethylene (HDPE) pipe has been a leading material choice for the Gas Gathering industry. The reasons are vast and a few reasons are listed below. For further information please refer to CSA Z662.
CONTINUOUS POLYETHYLENE LENGTH ON REELS
Polyethylene pipe can be plowed (planted) at temperatures as low as -20°C resulting up to 50% saving compared to other products and is available up to 6” on reels.
- excellent chemical resistant
- certified PE-4710 HDPE resins are used
- savings over steel as high as 50%
- resistance to electroytic corrosion
- higher flow rates versus steel
- pipe can be butt fused at site